To know why you need Linux or Linux based OS in your life, let us know about Linux itself.
According to google:-
An “open-source” operating system modeled on UNIX.
Now coming to the point : Why Linux?
c) Less hardware requirements
d) Less prone to hacking and viruses
e) No annoying crashes or reboots
f) Linux is omnipotent
i) Favorable for development
Prices of some OS in India:-
Windows 10 pro :-Rs.14,999
Windows 10 home :-Rs.7,999
Windows 7 :-Rs 3,400
Mac OS :- comes only with Mac laptop
- Paid software- you can’t enjoy windows even after installing these OS if you aren’t ready for spending a few more bucks for softwares.
- Linux sure do have more big and active community of developers.
- 200 corporations are associated with Linux development.
LESS HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS:-
- Very low minimum requirements.
- Can be even run from live CDs and USB Drives. Isn’t it amazing?
Both of them can be run even on system with 128 MB RAM :)
NO ANNOYING CRASHES AND REBOOTS
Windows Forcefully updates the system and you get hung up at inappropriate time. However it has less frequent updates as compare to Linux.
- You can’t call yourself a windows user if you haven’t come across this.
LESS PRONE TO HACKING AND VIRUSES
Windows are more prone to hacking and viruses.
You don’t need to pay for Antivirus software in Linux, again cost effective.
- Here are some news clippings from some prominent news channels:-
LINUX IS OMNIPOTENT
and much more….
Master Linux, Master All
- Almost 600 distros to choose from. Plus, you can make your own ;)
- code is freely available
- you can customize or make something new out of it.
OTHER MAJOR BENEFITS
- Commands of Terminal in Linux and Mac Os are 99.9% same. If you have hands on Linux you can easily operate Mac-OS.
- Many softwares are native to Linux. Some of them are : GIMP, Libre Office, G Parted, Okular etc.
Part of doing Linux was that I had to communicate a lot more instead of just being a geek in front of a computer. -Linus Torvalds
If you know the system well enough, you can do things that aren’t supposed to be possible. -Linus Torvalds
Thanks for reading and I hope you if not fully then partially influenced by the power of Linux :)
PS:I would like to express my gratitude to Sudhanshu Joshi for inspiring me to write this. Special thanks to Shivam Pathak for helping me with the content.